Ellipsis Drive has a simple pay per gigabyte business model: you pay a monthly fee for the amount that you store. That’s it. You can always start for free, and then just pay as you go.
We offer the vault, but you keep the keys!
Spatial data uploaded to Ellipsis Drive is hot! Safely owned by you and shared with whomever you target. Projects in hot storage are activated for all Drive functionalities. Your data can be used anywhere and in any tool, whenever needed.
Not using your project very frequently anymore? Or having terabytes of data at your disposal? Simply archive your project or store the bulk of your content in cold storage for only €0.03 per GB / month. Here it’s still searchable based on its metadata and getting it activated (again) is just a click away.
Ellipsis Drive is optimized for sharing, collaborating on, and selling geospatial content. It empowers any professional to safely activate, manage, and share their data via the web in under 10 minutes.
Ellipsis Drive makes collaborating on this data seamless by facilitating fitting access for an interdisciplinary audience and easy integration with their favorite tools. Spatial data is relevant for everyone. So no man left behind!
By fixing the disconnect between disciplines and organisations, Ellipsis Drive solidifies your success as a spatial data user or spatial data producer. Together, we have the answers.
Go from raw data to an online project in minutes.
Share your project and work together in real time while using your favorite tools.
Sell subscriptions to your content by simply naming your price and accepting subscribers.
Go to register, fill in your details and don’t forget to confirm your email address. Make sure to check your spam folder if you haven’t received it yet.
Partly. Using existing content and collaborating on existing projects is free of charge, unless the owner is charging users and collaborators a subscription fee. You will be notified of this before agreeing to such payment terms. If you are the owner of projects on the Drive, you are charged a feed based on the amount you are currently storing. In short, usage is free unless you make use of paid content or if you host your own projects.
To help new users settle in without risk to their business, our support team can get you started with your first projects free of charge. Contact us here to make your request!
Go to the Drive and navigate to storage details at the bottom left. Here you can increase and decrease your storage space in the drive.
You have three options here.
1. You can increase your balance by making a direct payment to your account via PayPal. Your new balance is visible right away.
2. You can request an invoice by contacting us with the amount that you’d like to increase your balance with, the username of the target account, and your companies invoicing details if they are not yet known to us. Your new balance will be available within 24 hours.
3. As a trusted enterprise user you can choose to incur a negative balance and receive an invoice once a certain limit is reached (for example at - 200,-). That way you control the frequency and height of your invoices and you won’t need to manage balance manually.
You can generate revenue with your Drive content by setting a monthly subscription price. You receive payments from subscribers as balance on your Ellipsis account. These funds can then be transferred to your preferred bank account form there. Costs incurred during financial transitions, due to for example currency exchange, are for the cost of the user.
Yes, definitely! There are two ways to do this:
1. By making your content public. In case you make your content public anyone can view your data without any credentials.
2. By enabling link sharing for your project(s). If you choose to enable link sharing, only people with the correct link can access your content.
You can configure the access to your projects in settings.
Ellipsis Drive is developed as an interoperable framework. You can use your data via standard protocols such as WFS-t and WMTS, via the Ellipsis Python package or via the API directly. Go to the developer center to see how.
We have two key tips for reducing cost:
1. Only host visualizations of your raster data and remove the raw material. This can easily save you 80 to 90% of storage space.
2. Store your old projects in Ellipsis Drive cold storage. That way the meta data remains searchable and you can choose to reactivate the content at any point in time, while cutting down on spending.
Projects in hot storage are activated for all Drive functionalities. You and your collaborators can use your content simultaneously and in any tool. Not using your project very frequently anymore? Then you can place your project in cold storage (3 euro cents per GB). Here the meta data remains searchable but you need to activate your data again in hot storage to be able to use it.
Provide your email to be notified about future updates!